Monday, August 10, 2015

Wednesday, December 24, 2014 - Cape Town, South Africa to Doha, Qatar


I was up early since I had been awake most of the night.  We went to breakfast in the concierge lounge and had a light breakfast.  We finished packing and checked out at 9:15.  We have a driver picking us up at 9:30 for the 20 minute drive to the airport.  We had a lot of air travel time coming – I just hope I can keep from coughing the entire time.  The drive to the airport was quick and uneventful.  We got a porter to help with the luggage and checked in with Qatar Airways.  The 3 big bags are checked through to Miami and we are carrying on what we need for tonight and tomorrow.  We get in late and leave early so it will be a quick turnaround.

We went to the lounge and relaxed while waiting for the flight to board.  I changed the remaining Rand to USD and I had a little bit of UAE money that I also exchanged since I have no use for it.  Unfortunately, the transaction was good for the bank and not me with the exchange fees.

The airport is mostly empty being Christmas Eve.  I guess not a lot of people are flying.  We are hoping we have a mostly empty plane.  I was able to make judicious use of the lavatory to control my coughing fits.

The flight was uneventful – 8.5 hours and we arrived early.  We went directly to our hotel that is inside security.  We went straight to bed at 11:30 as we need to get up at 6 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment