Sunday, August 9, 2015

Friday, December 19, 2014 - Cruising the Cape of Good Hope


At Sea Enroute to Cape Town, South Africa

We slept until 8:30.  Both of us still congested and I still can’t talk!  We had coffee and yogurt in the Coffee Bar.  At 10 I went to hear the Englishman talk about Shackleton, Scott and Edmunsen’s journey to the South Pole while Tim went to Meditation class with Lorena.  At stayed to hear the Indian ambassador talk at 11 about Mandela.

We had lunch on a very windy pool deck with Monica and Richard from Nova Scotia.  It was a seafood buffet and good although with the winds the food wasn’t very warm or hot.  But there was a good bouillabaisse.  After lunch Tim went to the gym and I relaxed in the room to rest my voice.  Going out I end up talking to others and that’s not a good idea right now.

After lunch Tim went to the gym and I slept the afternoon under blankets with a warm towel on my neck – felt good.  It slowly feels to me that the infection is clearing but I still can’t sleep.  He brought me a cup of hot tea that felt good and I’m using the throat spray that I got in Durbin.

We dressed and went to the Krew Kapers at 6 in the theatre.  It was fun.  Two of our bar waiters were in the show and they were good – especially the tall Indian who was usually at the front in the dance numbers.  We saw them later in the evening and they were pleased that we enjoyed their performance.

We went straight to dinner in Compass Rose – our last dinner there.  It was good.  Only the two of us so I am not tempted to talk to others and I whispered to Tim.  After dinner we went to an enclosed area of the pool deck and I had tea.  Then to Observation for a drink for Tim and water for me.  We went to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment