Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Thursday, November 20, 2014 - Doha, Qatar to Dubai, UAE


Woke up and having a really bad time with my cough and sinus drainage.  It got much worse during the night.  We had breakfast in the Ritz restaurant and then walked around a bit.  We decided to check out and get to the airport.  The bellman told us there were no taxis so we paid the Ritz to have one of their drivers take us.  There wasn’t much traffic so we get there in about 30 minutes.
We checked in for a flight and had first class seats – huge pods for the short flight to Dubai.  I put my head down as I was feeling so woozy from the sinus medication I was taking.  About 10 minutes before we were to leave the gate, I went to use the bathroom one last time.  I had a bit of a medical situation.  The flight steward called the medics to check me out.  I used the bathroom and sat at the entrance.  The medics arrived and took my BP, temperature and blood sugar.  All normal.  They cleared me to go, told me to drink more water and eat lots of dates!  I think Tim is beginning to wonder about me with my light headed tendencies.
It was short flight to Dubai.  Dubai is dusty, dirty, flat, and sandy and has huge tall buildings everywhere.  We got a taxi for the short trip to the JW Marriott.  At this point, I just want to lay down and sleep.  Bad cough.  Check-in at the JW was a bit delayed, very disorganized.  They gave us a huge suite since we were there only 1 night.  I laid down for a nap as soon as we got in the room.
The skyline of Dubai - very modern city in the middle of the desert!

About 6 we went to the concierge lounge and had food – a huge buffet.  Enough for dinner.  Then back to the room and to sleep for the night.  I felt guilty that Tim wasn’t able to see Dubai but he didn’t seem too disappointed.  There was just no way I could do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment